Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.rural
NapalmHeart[_2_] NapalmHeart[_2_] is offline

Default Un-insulated water heater tank by woodstove!

"Bill" wrote in message
As you may know, an electric water heater can be 30% of your electric
bill...

Well I got to thinking... I have this nice woodstove which puts out a
lot of heat and it is always 80 to 100 degrees (F) next to the
woodstove.

Is there some way I can use this heat to "pre-heat" the water going
into my hot water heater????

Well I came up with an idea and tried it out. It works!

snip

I've done this before and did notice a difference in energy usage and in
recovery time.

Ken