Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.rural
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Un-insulated water heater tank by woodstove!

"willshak" wrote in message

How about a coil of soft copper tubing attached to the rear of the
woodstove before it goes into your storage tank ( a coil like on the back
of a dehumidifer) which would transfer heat by convection rather than
radiation?

I've read a book on steam boilers and know just enough about the subject to
want to avoid creation of any steam. I've read about steam boilers exploding
and being launched like a rocket up out of the house and landing on a
neighbor's house, etc.

Also I would think that avoiding steam would depend on a pump circulating
the water. I live in a rural area and we have frequent power outages.
Sometime they last for 2 days.