Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

On Mar 29, 7:16*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 05:23:50 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

According to Environmental Attorney Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, senior
counsel for the National Resources Defense Fund:

Would that be he same RFKjr that blocked Cape Wind, the wind farm off
Nantucket? (along with his drunken uncle Ted, John Kerry and Mitt
Romney)

Does that disqualify the cited calculations? Maybe you don't like him,
or you think he's a hypocrite, but that doesn't invalidate the message.
I doubt he obtained those numbers from throwing darts in a pub.

No, it doesn't totally discredit the obviously bogus number that
should set off anyone's BS detector. But it is a start. Let me
finish the discrediting process:

http://www.pollutionissues.com/A-Bo/...fe-Refuge.html
"The U.S. Geological Survey has estimated that ANWR likely holds
enough oil to supply six months of U.S. consumption, and that these
reserves would take ten years to develop. Conservationists point out
that the United States could easily save more oil than can be
extracted from ANWR by increasing automobile fuel efficiency
standards. For example, a one-mile per gallon increase in U.S.
automobile fuel efficiency for a thirty-year period would save more
oil than the projected yield from ANWR. "

The bogus claim is off by a factor of 30. Now it is totally
discredited. And that assumes that the US Geological Survey estimate
is right. How about if ANWR has an actual field the size of Saudi
Arabia or Kuwait? But, the Kennedy clan would rather go around with
a cup begging for oil from their buddy Hugo Chavez, blocking offshore
wind if it's off their shore, and spreading nonsense.