Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:16:04 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 05:23:50 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

According to Environmental Attorney Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, senior
counsel for the National Resources Defense Fund:

Would that be he same RFKjr that blocked Cape Wind, the wind farm off
Nantucket? (along with his drunken uncle Ted, John Kerry and Mitt
Romney)

Does that disqualify the cited calculations? Maybe you don't like him,
or you think he's a hypocrite, but that doesn't invalidate the message.
I doubt he obtained those numbers from throwing darts in a pub.

I just think it is a bull**** number. In the 74 the average MPG in the
US was 12.9 and they told us creating the CAFE standard by 6MPG would
make us energy independent. In 78 it was 18. Right now it is 27.5 and
we import more oil than ever. Making it 28 or 29 is not going to
suddenly allow us to kiss off the Saudis.

Hmmm,
Look at the increasing consumption. Nixon era started talking about
alternate energy and created also EPA. Look at the size of car getting
bigger as well. People have short memory and never seem to learn.
How much money U.S. spent on Iraq war? If that was used to develope
alternate energy......