Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"dadiOH" wrote in message

Could we also go back to using freight trains? You know...by train from
major place to major place, by truck from major to local.

I seem to remember that worked well.

Sure, but it took a little longer. In this day of instant gratification
where things MUST go FedEx red we don't have the patience to wait a few
more days. I have seen though, where 53' containers can go by rail and be
more economical than straight truck routing. At $4+ for diesel, trains
would make a lot of sense. Passenger trains too!

Not on subject, looks like investing in rail transportation maybe a good
long term strategy. Trains are coming back.