Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Are sunrooms considered in the square fotage of a home for real estate tax purposes?

A realtor should know this and it varies to location. Any living area
that has controlled heat (and/or A/C), electrical outlets, insulation,
ceiling lights and windows would be included in the square footage. I
consider my workshop as included in the square footage, since it has
outlets, heat, A/C, finished walls, moldings and floor, although an
unfinished ceiling. A garage workshop, unfinished basement, unheated
enclosed patio, no.

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:50:58 -0700 (PDT), Kompu Kid
wrote:

I asked this elsewhere but no answers yet.

I am also wondering if and when a workshop gets included in the sq.
footage.

Any comments?

On Mar 27, 10:16 pm, Kompu Kid wrote:
Helo All:

My aunt is considering a sunroom for her home. She asked me to
research and find out how the county would treat the additional square
footage covered for real estate taxes.

She lives in San Jose Ca (Santa Clara county).

Thanks!

Deguza