Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] fredbarga246@hotmail.com is offline

Default Garage door opener problem

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:02:30 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
No disrespect meant, I thought it was being posted to 2 different
groups, once from me, once from my BIL.
Sorry if you took offense.

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:00:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Mar 29, 11:13 am, wrote:

I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. I can't
program both remotes to work at the same time. Each will work, but
not at the same time. What am I doing wrong???
Thanks
Fred

At 11:07 Don said: I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs
old...but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time.

And then...

At 11:13 Fred said: I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener... I can't program
both remotes to work at the same time.

Wow! 2 different people with the exact same problem at the same time.
What are the odds?

Hi,
Multi post and top posting is bad!
I think your remotes are out of frequency alignment aainst receiver on
the opener. Can you pick/try different code?(usually by dip switch settings.

They change frequencies automatically. Each will work alone, but can
not be programmed to work at the same time. You program one and it
kills the other.