Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default fascia board

Willie The Wimp wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:25:45 -0500, HomerS wrote:

My fascia board has rotted and the homeowner association wants me to
fix it.

I do not own a table saw that will cut the 1/4 inch slot for the
soffit. I have about 200 feet of fascia board that needs replacing
and I don't know if they sell ready cut fascia boards..

What to do, what to do?

Not having seen it, I can't speak for your house, but ...

Many folks are able to just cut 1-by boards (i.e. 1x4, 1x6, etc)
to length, butt them up against the soffit, and nail 'em in place.
This can be done with appropriate wood supplies, a circular saw,
hammer, etc.

The usual problem to look out for has to do with rotten wood, etc
*under* the old fascia board.

Hope it helps ...

Willie

Or clad it with metal sheet and forget about it.