Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

On Mar 29, 11:55Â*am, " wrote:
feds should loosen smog regulations on gasoline and additives, to help
bring price down a little

Loosening any gasoline formulation regulations is only going to bring
the price down a little. � Given that gas prices have about tripled,
it doesn't seem to me that any small change in the price is going to
be worth dirty air.

a little here, a little there. it all adds up in the end. diesel has
soared in cost because of the low sulphur regulations

temporarily suspend the federal gasoline tax

Yeah, they could do that. �I think it's about 16 cents. � But without
a corresponding decrease in spending, it would add to the deficit,

Unemployment benefits welfare and all the rest to help a recession
costs too. better to start the help at the top.

feds should allow cheap dirty econo car sales in the US for a limited
number of years. low power they wouldnt be allowed on some roads,
lower safety. but say 50 MPG minimum. such cars are sold in other
countries thru out the world

Where are these cheap dirty cars being driven? � Certainly not in
Europe, Japan, Canada, etc. � �Maybe in China, where they don't give a
damn about the environment. � I don't understand why they need to be
dirty. � We have reasonable cost cars here getting very good mileage
that also meet all US regulations. � The problem is, people haven't
been buying them. �They've been buying bigger cars and more
importantly SUV's, so clearly price isn't the problem.

add a fuel hog tax to any new vehicle getting under 20 MPG. sure car
companies will miss the SUV sales but its important.

now before you get your panties in a wad, people use motorcycles for
transportation too, and by all means any car should be safer than a
harley...

all of these would help our short term problem. the cost of in action
is a major recession..........

How is allowing cheap dirty cars into the US a short term solution to
anything?

they get excellent gas mileage around 50MPG the tata costs 2500 bucks,
so lots of americans could afford a commuter or around home car.

And again, how is this a SHORT term solution to gasoline demand?
And the problem is most people are buying bigger, more expensive cars
and particularly SUV's, instead of cars like the cheaper Honda Civic,
which gets 30/40MPG then how does offering a $2500 Indian **** box
solve anything? If anything it would likely increase the fuel usage
problem, by putting MORE cars on the road. People would use them as
cheap second, third or fourth cars and we would go back 30 years in
air and safety standards in the process.

and most importandly change funding of all national elections
completely. limit 100 bucks per person, no corporate giving to
candidates.

so our representives arent bought and sold anymore

IMO, unconstitutional.

theres lots of rules on fundraising, this would just be more
restrictive........ and great for our country. and necessary, just
look at congress in the last 10 years, they are pathetic

we also need to look at what america can afford to do in the world?
wht should we still have military in europe? japan etc?

pre set hardened bases, with skelton crews, Â*our troops back hme
spending their money here, providing border security etc......

currently our troops are just fiancial aid to other countries, like
germany.

definetely keep active bases in s korea etc........

in this day and age we can create a system to get our troops to any
part of the world in a day or two