Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

Other countries are *doing* something about this situation. For example
Germany passed a law to increase its share of renewable power to 12.5% of
the country's total power generation by 2010 and to 20% by 2020.

They are installing solar power left and right in Germany!

We could do the same, but I suppose the large oil companies which control
the U.S. government do not want this, so it will not happen here.

Might want to write your elected representatives, but if you are not
enclosing a large campaign contribution (buying their vote), expect your
request to go in one ear and out the other!

"Brian" wrote in message

This may be off topic but here goes............

The price of home heating oil here in New Hampshire, USA just hit $3.799 a
gallon, up $1.50 since
September..... My question is, are we the only ones getting screwed here
in the US or has the price
gone up as much in other countries around the globe ????? I believe we're
getting it shoved up our
backsides because of George Bush's war ****ing the rest of the world off,
but that's just my
opinion... Please, I'm not looking to start a long flaming thread here,
just interested in what
other people in other "non Bush" countries are paying...............

Thanks