Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

On Mar 29, 2:28*am, Pat wrote:

Oh, so many comments and so little time.

First off, if you think he made a complaint and no one has forwarded
it to you, maybe the CEO blew it off and didn't think it was worth the
hassle of investigating.

Don't call the guy. *Call the CEO. *Calling the guy is just going to
cause an argument. *When you call the CEO, don't mention what you
think the guy said, just ask if it's true and let him tell you what it
says, if anything. *You don't want to say anything and open a can of
worms.

While storing gasoline outside is not a code issue, it might be a HOA
issue. *

What makes you think storing gasoline outside in a can sitting in the
yard is not a code issue? I would think most municipalities would
have strict regulations on how gasoline and similar flammables may be
stored. There are a number of obvious issues, one of which is a
ready target for vandalism. Also, today, even if an auto accident
spills a couple gallons of oil, gas, or antifreeze, it's treated as an
environmental cleanup. So, I would not be at all surprised to find
that there are reqts that gasoline be stored in a secured location as
opposed to sitting a can in the yard.

But the CEO doesn't enforce HOA issues. *However, if you were
to store it inside, THAT would be a code issue. *We require tenants to
be 10 feet from the our buildings with anything flammable,

Does that include vodka, lighter fluid, flammable spot remover, many
paint related products, etc? Do you have garages and if so, what
about the gasoline in tanks of cars, motorcycles, etc? Plus, there
is an obvious difference in what a landlord can require in a rental
agreement, vs what HOA or local codes allow.

so the the
6' issue might be a 10' thing but the CEO isn't going to make a
federal case out if it because all yo have to do it pick it up and
move it.

I doubt is wood on the ground is a code issue, esp if it's under a
cover. *But again, it might be a HOA issue.

Repairing your MC in your yard might be a code issue but would likely
be a HOA issue.

Storing the movers might be a legit issue.

Good luck with it.- Hide quoted text -