Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

"Brian" wrote in message
news

This may be off topic but here goes............

The price of home heating oil here in New Hampshire, USA just hit $3.799 a
gallon, up $1.50 since
September..... My question is, are we the only ones getting screwed here
in the US or has the price
gone up as much in other countries around the globe ????? I believe we're
getting it shoved up our
backsides because of George Bush's war ****ing the rest of the world off,
but that's just my
opinion... Please, I'm not looking to start a long flaming thread here,
just interested in what
other people in other "non Bush" countries are paying...............

Thanks

It is higher in most other countries. Last year at this time I was in Italy
and I paid 1.2 Euro per liter for heating oil. There, it is the same price
as diesel fuel. Last year when you did the translation of Euro to US dollar
is was $6.40 per gallon. With the decline of the dollar it is much higher
today. Needless to say, we kept our villa on the cool side. We did not
have to pay electric, but the going rate was about .25/kWh, nearly double
the high price we paid here.

Much as you think we are getting screwed, the rest of the world is much more
expensive to buy energy.

Rather that just getting PO'd at Bush, find the real reasons for the high
price and properly channel your anger. Much of the blame goes to China as
they are willing to pay dearly for raw materials. Cement, steel, copper,
you name it. It will get even worse as India gets the cheap automobile.
Well, Tata for now.