Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.rural
[email protected] hchickpea@hotmail.com is offline

Default Un-insulated water heater tank by woodstove!

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:24:43 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

Kind of like PIN number and

NIC card

and

VIN number and

CDL license. and and and.... the list is endless.

lots of dumasses, I've even seen "PIN number" on official bank documents
and such.

It is the way the language develops. If you want to pedantic, how
many times have you seen 72 point type advertising-

BABY SALE!

.... or such obvious idiotic hyperbole from major metropolitan
newspapers as-

"All the news that is fit to print"

or spaceships splitting infinitives -

"to boldy go where no man has gone before"

There is a reason for the usenet rule of not commenting on spelling
and grammar. It wastes time and drains energy from the actual topic
being discussed. We've all done it, but at about one or two thousand
posts into using the medium, most of us realize that it is
non-productive and more annoying than the original gaff.

The tempering tank idea is an old one. In my Pop Mechanics
encyclopedia, one is shown being hung from joists in a cellar, near an
old coal burning furnace. Sometimes tanks like this sweat, and can be
a problem in the living space.