Karen

Default Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing]

Ignoramus26420 wrote in message ra.com...

So I do want a second coat. Any thoughts on my decision making
process?

Two coat definitely better than one.

The color that they applied is called california cedar, but is more
reminiscent of baby ****. That's to say that it is brown and not very
transparent. But it looks not so bad and it was our choice.

The color will darken over time in a good way.

What I am thinking about however, is VARNISHING the deck on top of
coating. Both the treatment and varnish would be oil based. I will

You didn't stain the deck yourself, and want to varnish it yourself?
Considering the labor and return, forget varnishing, stain yourself in
two years.