Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Noisy dishwasher that manufaturer won't repair

"Frank Robinette" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:15:39 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Two different issues. If the warranty is over, now matter how PO'd
you are, the manufacturer has no legal obligation to fix anything. As for
cost effective, that is another issue. Most appliances are
rally cheap to buy compared to what they were years ago. That can be
both good and bad.

It's no coincidence that appliance makers now are as eager to sell you an
extended warranty as they are to sell you an appliance, and that failures
tend to happen just after even the extended warranties expire.

I have a refrigerator made by General motors handed down from my
grandfather, that still works fine and has had only 1 freon charge
that I know he ever gave it 60 yrs old beat that

You should see how much less electricity a new one would use.