Ignoramus26572

Default Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing]

In article , basskisser wrote:
Ignoramus26420 wrote in message ra.com...
In article , John Gaquin wrote:
You ask "...Any thoughts on my decision making process?..."
Yes. It s*%ks.

"....When they sent us a proposal, they specified two coats of their
sealant..." "....When workers came, they acted all surprised....the
"manager" ... tried to convince me that I do not need two coats..."

These guys are robbing you, plain and simple. They charge for two
applications, but only deliver one. React accordingly. Life really isn't
all that complicated in most cases. Don't over analyze.

Well, I did not pay them a dime yet. I will pay them when they put a
second coat.

In other words, your opinion is that I will benefit from the second
coat, right?

Not exactly. The stuff they use IS a penetrant. I've used it on my
deck for years. Even with one coat, if you get too much on, and the
deck has been previously done, it will puddle and not penetrate. And
it WILL be slicker than owl **** if it does that.

The deck was never done before.