Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default FM Radio Antenna

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:26:50 -0400, "Tomes" wrote:

I have an FM transmitter on the tape out of my main receiver, and just
set the
other radios to 88.1. Whatever I'm listening to in the living room is
available
in the bedroom, basement and garage.

That sounds like a very good idea. Can you give me some guidance on
what to get, where to get it for the transmitter?

USR6003
http://www.amazon.com/Robotics-USR60.../dp/B00005ICD2

I picked it up at a thrift shop for $6.

Too bad they don't sell this anymore.
Tomes

That's ok. I just wanted to know what sort of thing he was using.
Maaybe I'll find it used too, or they'll make something else that is
similar.

I've also been using cordless speakers connected to my PC. I bought
two sets and only use one speaker in each of 4 places. I don't care
about stereo because I listen to a lot of talk (and I have no space in
any of the rooms for two speakers.) It worked fine for a couple years
but I think the transmitter is failing. I'll have to see if the one
from the other set works better.

But I like this FM transmitter thing because I have an FM radio in 6
rooms counting the bathroom and the basement, and I can put one back
in the laundry room too. And outdoors.

I'm in no hurry. I have had my car for 6 years now and usually only
keep them for 7. It had no cup holder, and I really needed one, and I
finally managed to put in a nice looking and nice working one. And
somehow it doesn't bother me that I didn't have one for 6 of the 7
years. All that seems to matter is that it came out nice.