Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Experience with "Direct Buy?"

On Mar 26, 2:37*pm, George wrote:
dpb wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
...other comments from DB comments site elided...

"stuff I bought was real close to what I would have paid for it at the
store. The difference is I can sit on it, touch it, feel it, think
about...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how a person can spend thousands
of dollars on something like a couch or other furniture ...
without actually seeing it, sitting on it, lying on it, etc. ...

My guess would be most of the yuppies suckered into this deal will use
the facilities of the various other brick-n-mortar stores in town as a
showroom then go order--still another mark against both the store and
the clientele imo.

--

I get a different impression. I think the marketing is aimed at those
who think they breathe better air and are above mingling with the

Thus my earlier comment about the use of the "negative sell"
technique.

"Maybe this isn't right for you...it's only for the more
discriminating types."

"Hey wait...that's me. I'm not a slug. Where do I sign?"