Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Cordless drills - Junk battery power packs and rebuilding old nicad cells

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ol-296200-.htm
:

Frank wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...2BP&lpage=none

Plan B, zap the battery trick. I was able to revive four of the six
existing
dead power packs and than was able to give it a full charge. Wow, it
almost
run like new.

Never heard of "zap the battery" for a NiCad. I believe it only works
(when it does) on lead batteries. So, are you saying you've successfully
done that on NiCads? Can you elaborate on the setup you had for that?

\\//.