Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ted frater ted frater is offline

Default Cheap Attachment for Hydraulic Press to Flatten Soft Metal

Will wrote:
I purchased a cheap hydraulic press to help flatten out warped pieces of
soft metal. Apparently the press does not come with a plate or die set.

Can someone recommend a cheap attachment for a 12 ton hydraulic press that
would work on soft metal, and I need a pressing area about eight inch by 12
inch.

In order to help you , what we need are some pictures of whats bent, the
metal thickness and where you want it trued up.
A picture is worth a 1000 words.
Ive been bending and straitening metal for 40 yrs and there must be a
simpler way than using a press.
Await the pics.
then ill think up a simple way for you to do your job.
Ted
Dorset
UK
Master metal worker and problem solver.