Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
I M Curious I M Curious is offline

Default Mitering Large Width Boards

Jeff B wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:02 pm, "Bob M." wrote:
"Jeff B" wrote in message

I seem to have 2 options...1) go buy a new half decent quality table
saw or 2) lay the board flat on the miter saw, cut as much as I can
with the blade tilted 45, then flip and rotate the board to cut the
rest. While I usually look for any excuse to buy new tools, a new
table saw won't get used much after this project. (And no...I don't
know anyone I can borrow a good table saw from.)

How about option #3 - rent a table saw or miter saw.

Thanks for all of the pointers.

Renting is not really an option.

Option 4: Build a homemade miter jig, custom designed for your
particular project.