Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marketing. Was Labour Cost for Fence Works etc

"A.Lee" wrote in message ...
So, yes, I know I should be charging more, but getting it is more difficult.

The Medway Handyman wrote:

You have to consider how your customers are seeing you. How you
present your 'brand'. They obviously see you as a cheap odd job man
- not as a professional handyman. Thats why they are surprised at
your prices.
To show what I'm up against, a Pikey came up to me.

Think about this Alan. You recently spent £400 on a Festool drill driver
when you could have bought a Challenge Extreeme from Argos for £30.

A small proportion of the members of this group would consider the Festool
good value. I suspect the majority would consider it too expensive.

A large proportion would consider the Challege Extreeme too cheap to be any
good, a minority would think it adequate for their needs.

Many would consider Bosch Blue, Makita & DeWalt a good balance between price
& quality. Some would think Ryobi or Green Bosch a better match for their
needs.

You are getting Challenge Extreeme customers & quoting Makita prices.

Its all about 'positioning'. Andy Hall seems to know a thing or two about
this and may be along shortly - he can probably explain it better that I.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk