Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default FM Radio Antenna

benick wrote:
My dad needs a GOOD indoor OR outdoor FM radio antenna to recieve the
Gospel station he likes. It comes in clear in the car even in the garage
but no luck in the house. Have tried the wire antenna,35 dollar
radioshack indoor antenna,rabbitears,rooftop TV antenna,ect. He is
trying to get it on his Fisher Reciever...He used to get a similar
station on satellite but it is no longer available.Southern gospel
stations are hard to come by here in Maine...LOL...There is only one....

Any thoughts or ideas????

My father had real good luck with the omnidirectional FM roof antenna RS
sells. After the big storm (Rita)bent the guyed mast that had it up 25
feet, he remounted it on the unbent section that was only 12 feet up,
and it actually worked better.

Just for laughs, I'd try another receiver as well. The Fisher (haven't
seen them in years) is likely old enough that some components may be
getting marginal. Thrift stores often have 5 year old quite competent
receivers for 10 bucks or so, now that everyone is switching to ipods
and such. Or brand new amazingly good entry-level receivers can be had
at most big-box stores for around $100.

--
aem sends...