Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default trash compactor

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 03:30:18 GMT, Grandpa Chuck wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:57:56 -0000, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:58:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
our digs are overturning getting into and generally attacking our
garbage can daily when were not home. heck they will turn it over even
empty and clean. must be their latest hobby. plus our community is
reportedly going to a single 96 gallon container picked up by machine.
i run a small business here and occasionally generate extra trash.

anyone have a compactor? are you happy? i never had one of these, but
oddly enough have room for it in the kitchen

It was one of those bad ideas of the 70's. Few people really want an
immovable object that smells like a landfill.

If it smells you aren't putting the right things in it. Meat,
vegetable and fruit trash needs to be put in a garbage can outside the
house.

That would be totally defeating the purpose of it. Why not carry the
remaining 10% to the trash and forego the joy of producing a slightly less
smelly 250lb block?