Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default FM Radio Antenna

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:UQZFj.116095$pM4.98280@pd7urf1no...

benick wrote:

My dad needs a GOOD indoor OR outdoor FM radio antenna to recieve the
Gospel station he likes. It comes in clear in the car even in the garage
but no luck in the house. Have tried the wire antenna,35 dollar
radioshack indoor antenna,rabbitears,rooftop TV antenna,ect. He is trying
to get it on his Fisher Reciever...He used to get a similar station on
satellite but it is no longer available.Southern gospel stations are hard
to come by here in Maine...LOL...There is only one....

Any thoughts or ideas????

Hi,
If it does not do well with those antennas you tried(they are some what
directional), I think something wrong with the receiver. Were you
connecting antenna lead correctly.(300 Ohm twin lead or 75 Ohm coax)

I agree. Just for the hell of it, I'd take the receiver outside, connect it
20-30 feet from the house or other obstructions, and see if any of those
antennas works. If not, it's the receiver.

Hi,
Broadside of antenna shoud point to the station. My Yamaha AV receiver
does not even has an antenna but it picks up all local FM stations with
full quieting.