Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default trash compactor

wrote in message
our digs are overturning getting into and generally attacking our
garbage can daily when were not home. heck they will turn it over even
empty and clean. must be their latest hobby. plus our community is
reportedly going to a single 96 gallon container picked up by machine.
i run a small business here and occasionally generate extra trash.

anyone have a compactor? are you happy? i never had one of these, but
oddly enough have room for it in the kitchen

Get the recyclables clean and separated. That leaves the rest (sorry to be
obvious - trying to be clever). Food wastes can be put into the freezer
until the day that the trash goes to the curb. It sure cuts down on smell
as well as the dogs' incentive to dig into the trash.