Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default World's Slowest 15W CFL's

In ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Mar 24, 4:05*pm, ransley wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:18*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I just bought a 3 pack of Sylvania 15W CFL spot lights for my kitchen
fixture.

I know that CFL's take a little while to reach full brightness, but
these take over 2 minutes! *They'd barely be called a "nightlight"
when they first come on.

Cfl spots take a long time to get bright unlike regular cfls, at 0f
its 6 minutes.

I hope it never gets down to 0F in my kitchen! It'll be cold *and* dark!

See what outdoor CFLs do outdoors when it's cold! I have seen Philips
SL/O ones take 5-10 minutes to reach full brightness at 5-10 degrees F.
Some CFLs also start with a very reddish color of a neon-argon mixture
that is mostly neon when they are very cold.

- Don Klipstein )