Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Adding Frosting To Replacement Windows

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

What are my options for obscuring the view through a VRW while still
allowing light and not voiding any warranties?

East facing window that gets some morning sun at an angle but no
direct sunlight for hours at a time.

I've seen the stick on film at the home centers and even considered
some frosted plexiglass.

Any thoughts?

OK, I'll save you all the trouble and say it first: Curtains. g

Anything else?

Search for decorative window film*( over 50 samples). Some are plain;
others, can be fancy in appearance. I live in the desert. SWMBO used
some film on one window that gets afternoon sun for long periods.

It sure helped.. no apparent damage to the window. My guess is it's
the static type.

* SOLYX ® Decorative Films come in different patterns and shades, and
are easily removed and replaced to update the appearance at a later
time. Now any flat glass surface can be turned into a work of art, be
it an office, restaurant, den, bathroom or child's room. Frosted films
diffuse light without appreciably cutting down the ambient light. As a
result, any existing window can be converted to privacy glass in a
number of attractive patterns.
http://www.decorativefilm.com/Decorative.htm