Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Labour Cost for Fence Works etc

John wrote:

The guy who did mine and the neighbours either side 4 years ago, (all fences
are concrete posts 1' gravel boards and 5' high 6' long Heavy Duty
weatherboard(?) panels) told me as a rule of thumb he worked on £50 a panel
installed and the old stuff removed, then again he had a big wood burning
stove/heater in his workshop so was glad of the scrap. I am in West
Yorkshire if that helps.

That'd be close to material cost price now.
Cheapest panels are £18, posts £10, gravel board £10, cement £1, ballast
£1.50. Better quality panels are £7 - £10 more.
I'm cheap, but couldnt even get near £50 per panel.
I start at £65 a panel for an all wood fence with the cheapest
panels.I'm not a fan of the concrete posts, mainly as they are so ugly,
but they are also not as long lived as people think, the wooden posts in
my garden are 15+ years old and are still very solid, but younger
concrete posts in the neighourhood are started to chip/crack/break, with
occasional rust spots showing through from the rebar.
Alan.