Posted to alt.home.repair
elgee elgee is offline

Default trash compactor

WE have used a trash compactor for about 30 years. For the past 10 years,
we have been required to separate our recyclable items from the rest. We
began using the compactor for the recyclables, the rest in a regular trash
can. Since we rinse the items before putting them in the compactor, there
is no smelly mess. Depending on the weeks activity, we can go anywhere from
1-3 weeks before emptying the compactor. Newspapers and other paper times
go in a separate paper bag. The soft foods go into the disposal and the
other trash does not cause a smelly mess
wrote in message
our dogs are the problem, indoors.

the racoons are the outdoor garbage pickers