Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Repair old tub faucet problems

On Mar 24, 9:33*am, Red Green wrote:
"Roger Shoaf" wrote :

"Red Green" wrote in message

Holy Crap. That link is exactly what I need for the corroded handles
and escutcheonescus on showers I have. I didn't know they made those
kits. I believe they are even Price Pfister.

Can anyone tell me how to verify what I have is a Price Pfister???

buying parts ahead of time from a picture is an iffy proposition. *I
usually pull the parts on a Saturday morning, and then hit the local
hardware store.

If you do this you can match up the new to the old parts exactly.

Yea, especially those stems. When I was in Lowes, over half the remodel
pkgs were opened and taped up.

I'll pull a stem, bring it in and match to the samples then take it from
there - basically what you do.- Hide quoted text -

Avoid the big box stores for these types of parts.

Find a local hardware store - or better yet, a contractor's supply
counter. Many times you'll find these at the back of a kitchen and
bath showroom, usually with a separate entrance near the loading
docks. Parts and knowledge in one location - Sweet!

Replace "kitchen and bath showroom" with "lighting showroom" and
you'll know where to buy your electrical supplies.