Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_9_] Tim[_9_] is offline

Default Need help Getting Rid of (Sheet Rock/Plaster) Dust in Basement

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:05:16 -0500, Bruce K. wrote:

My kitchen is going through a renovation and they are tearing down the
walls and ceiling.

There is a fine dust residue all over the floor and stuff in the
basement below.

Whats the best way to vaccuum up the floor and other small items.

My regular vaccuum cant handle the fine dust.

Thanks,

Bruce

Well, I'm sure it's done now, but I'll reply anyway. I bought one of
those cheap 1 gallon shop vacs when my sheetrock was done, and attached a
long (25' or so) hose to it. Took the filter out, ran the hose out the
window and blew the dust outside. Then chunked what was left of the poor
vac. Cost me a grand total 20 bucks and worked wonders, except for the
snow in the back yard