Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How do I wire this lamp??

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 01:38:25 GMT, "J. Cameron Davis"
wrote:

I have this 1920's lamp with three sockets I need to wire. The link below
leads to a picture of the top part of the lamp. The only parts that can be
removed are the sockets and the short curved pieces to which they attach.
The shaft can't be removed from the lamp. There is not enough room in the
ball at the top of the lamp for wire nuts, and I can't get three pieces of
lamp cord down through the shaft so I can make the connections inside the
lamp base. Any ideas how I can wire this? Thanks.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...vis/colby3.jpg

The less modification the better wrt antique value, and it will make
me happy too.

So please don't replace the covers for the sockets unless you
absolutely have to (and I can't imagine that.)

The sockets themselves are probably still good for another 20 years
also. They do sell knew ones, but i'm not sure they will fit in
those covers, so if you replace the sockets, you might need new,
shiny, anachronistic covers. I'm not sure the new covers are like
these covers so if you attempt to replace the tubular part, you might
have to replace the base also.

Also you won't be able to get matching chains.