Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default ventimg above range Microwave. inside/outside

On Mar 22, 3:24*pm, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:
Its just a funny existing setup that I need to match the new unit to.

Out the back of the micro-hood(not top) and then a quick right wrote in message

I did that set-up when I did my kitchen over. It goes out of the back
between 2 wall studs, a short bend 90 up and through the roof.
Keep in mind you may need to remove the damper that comes with the
microhood or else it will block the vent when it opens. I think it
opens like 2 1/2 or 3". Since I had a short 90 in a 3 1/2" wall, the
damper blocks the duct, so I removed it, leaving only the flange part
on the microhood. I have a Broan roof cap with a damper, much better
than than the one on the microhood. This past winter I noticed no
issues with drafts or cold air coming in.