Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default prehung door

On Mar 22, 7:15*pm, mjs wrote:
I put up a prehung door and I am having one problem the door won't
stay open. It doesn't close shut, but it won't stay *open it swings
away from the wall and seems to be getting worse. Any solutions.
mjs

redo the whole thing just as it specified. As it is, you are out of
plumb on the jambs, and perhaps other parameters. A prehung door jamb
assembly is not a rigid structure to shove into an opening and nail in
place. A little common sense some shims and finesse will get you the
result you want. Remember the magic trio, square, plumb and level and
do it right. God uck.

Joe.