Posted to alt.home.repair
Patt Patt is offline

Default glue in cold place

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

"Patt" wrote in message
news:%keFj.107905$w94.100860@pd7urf2no...
What glue can be used inside of a refrigerator? I have to glue the
little button (one of them) that holds the top of the crisper in place.
One of the buttons has broken and I have a new one to replace it, but it
needs to be afixed somehow. Thanks.

What are you gluing to? Temperature aside, some adhesives will not stick
to the plastic lining.
I am gluing it to the side of the fridge which is a kind of plastic. There
is a hole in the side of the fridge that this button slides into but the
fit is not tight enough without glue or something. You have to have the
buttons in first and then the lid of the crisper sits down on these
buttons. If you then try to pull the drawer out, the button falls out of
the hole, so it needs to be secured somehow, and I thought a glue that
works in cold places would do the trick. Wouls some sort of epoxy work?
Thanks.

Patt