Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Shopping for a new plastic fence

DA wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new fence to replace the old rotten one. Want to go
plastic this time in hopes that it will last longer. Basically, the main
application for the fence would be to keep the dogs in. A rather small job
- 8 x 8' sections plus a gate for lawn mowers and what have you.

The ones I've seen in HD and Lowes's alike seem to be put together using a
glue of sorts. Is this reliable enough?

Does anyone have a good tip for me on what to look for and what kind of
plastic fence might be better for the job? I'm planning to use a
contractor to install it, btw

Thanks!
D~

\//.

Hi,
For small to medium dogs maybe OK. Year before in winter couple deer
came to my yard to eat crab apples off the tree and knocked down a
section of fence like nothing. replacing was easy. Yes they are welded
with kind of glue. We always have wild bunnies, deer, pheasants, birds
in my yard year round.