Posted to alt.home.repair
stoneattic stoneattic is offline

Default Fan runs constantly in "Auto" but not at all in "On" onThermostat?

On Mar 21, 9:19 pm, mm wrote:
Well, it would have been best if you had figured out what ruined the
first relay. I don't know much about how these things are wired these
days, but it's very very unlikely the relay ruined itself.

I'll bet if you check the new relay, its contract points are fused
too.

What would ruin a relay? Maybe it's a 24 volt relay but somehow 110
volts it getting to the coil?

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the new relay is fused because if the relay were fused
wouldn't you expect it to run in both "auto" and "on" like it did
before?

I checked and the relay is rated for 13.8FL @ 120 and 82.8LR @ 120.
The 24v side of it is hard wired so I can't screw that part up.