Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default The Average Cost of Sending Big Crates to a Foreign Country?

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:46:09 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 02:34:43 -0400, mm
wrote:

Oren, they will still take individual shippers that
they've never met before?

The website mentions offices in the US, but doesn't give any
addresses, only an address and phone and fax and email in Bangladesh.

mm,

I thought I was being generic, using crate n freight - not company
specific and you find a freight n crate company.

That's pretty funny.

And I didn't even notice that the two verbs were reversed.
freightncrate

I used a local company, about 5 years ago. We shipped a master bedroom
set (family heirloom) from NV to NJ. I had the pieces outside, cleaned
and ready for the company. They did not crate on premises but wrapped
the furniture in plastic. The company crated the furniture, shipped to
NJ and delivered to the house. I would have to ask the bride for the
company name or cost. It is not the company in the link.

I was introduced to a man that is building a house (owner build). He
owns a crating and freighting business franchise.

I made a call and the company is called - Craters & Freighters .

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/services.do

By Zip Code.

http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/cf/locations.do

That should benefit the OP.