Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - Lead found in popular Hannah Montana items

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:25:15 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon
Fisk quickly quoth:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:30:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

While I'm sorry for the dumb kid, all I can think of is "Crap, there
goes the price of my sneakers again." Reebok Classic nylong
crosstrainers are the mainstay of my footwear today.

Have you looked for/bought any lately?

I haven't found any in stores since 2000 in Vista, CA., where I found
them for $18/pr. The 2 pairs before last came from Zounds.com and
they were $25/pr. The last 2 pairs came from Zappos and they were $31
and $40 (one mesh style.) Now I'll be lucky to pay only $50 or $65
for a pair, all cuzza some lead-sucking punk.

I couldn't find any links to the pair of Dr Scholl's I
bought. I'm waiting for a bit better weather before I start
using them. Still have too much gooey/wet/mud around may
area for new shoes ;-)

I found some absolutely excellent boots for $20 a pop at Big 5 last
year and bought 2 pairs of them, too. It's hard to fit my feet and I
like extra spongy shoes with good arch support. They're Outdoor Gear
Trail Crest II, model 1055.

--
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
-- Albert Einstein