Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default 2 or 4 Cycle Small Engines... to drain or not to drain??

On Mar 20, 12:05*pm, wrote:
I am very adamant about draining my snowblower and lawnmower engines
during the offseasons. *My friend here at work is against it. He
insists the moisture and condensation build up and can ruin the
insides and the carburetor.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Forgot to add:

I find it passing strange that a manufacturer would specify "drain it"
but then fail to add a drain or other method of doing it.

My solution is to either add a drain in the fuel line (haven't added
it yet) or use a "battery test" bulb to suck the gas out of the tank.
Can get a lot more out that way than by siphon.

Harry K