Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default cordless drill opinion

On Mar 21, 1:21*am, "Chris Miller" wrote:
the li-ion batteries by milwaukee have an internal counter which count the
number of times the batteries have been charged. they are warrantied up to
2,000 charges so that's pretty damn good.
-c

"JimR" wrote in message

"bonniejean" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an 18V cordless drill. I was looking at
http://tinyurl.com/2g9bkl*and was wondering if anyone has it and
could give me their opinion.

Thanks,
bonnie jean

No experience with Milwaukee, but --

Craftsman -- decent tool, but batteries die quickly and are expensive to
replace -- plus they have several different types of 18V batteries which
are not interchangable
Ryobi -- Light weight, but batteries don't hold charge for very long and
need to be swapped frequently
Ridgid -- Heavy tool, but batteries seem to provide power for extremely
long time, plus all parts (including batteries) have a life-time
guarantee.

The biggest operating expense for cordless tools seems to be the
replacement batteries, so the Ridgid guarantee is important to me. *I
bought several of their 18V tools and batteries (to always have charged
ones on hand) and if/when a battery can't be recharged I send it back to
them and they send me a free replacement. *Regards --- Hide quoted text -

HDs ridgid has a lifetime wattanty on the tool and batteries