Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Repair old tub faucet problems

" Frank" wrote in
news
http://www.doityourself.com/invt/5431978

I hate those type of faucets but its for my MIL's house, an hour plus
away. I was able to remove two of the metal handles but the third
won't budge even with a puller. I squirted WD40 and tap on it for an
hour and than I gave up - should have bought my touch. What do you
guys do to remove the handle?

One of the seats won't come out with the seat wrench. Old seat where
the square hole could have been mangled by a previous repair attempt
(or just too old and crumpled) so the seat wrench wasn't able to grip
into it. I'll try a bolt extractor next time. What else would you guys
do short of knocking the wall out and replace the whole unit?

I didn't have all the anticipated tools with me, but as it usually
goes the tools I needed is the one I didn't bring.

Holy Crap. That link is exactly what I need for the corroded handles and
escutcheonescus on showers I have. I didn't know they made those kits. I
believe they are even Price Pfister.

Can anyone tell me how to verify what I have is a Price Pfister???