Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_4_] Tim[_4_] is offline

Default paining new stucco patch/repairs

no can.... 80lb bag of stucco mix (quickcrete I think)..bag says 30 days but
that's after two base coats and one finish coat about 3/4 inch total...I am
just spreading top patches about 1/4" thick..with the typical southwest
roughed up texture...so someplace it's even thinner.

seems to me the 30 days is for the complete job...with all three
coats...that makes sense ? Question is what's the problem (how long to wait)
with painting a thin patch layer over a 3/4 inch thick 30 year old stucco
wall ?

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:14:48 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

How long should you wait after applying patch work stucco to a block wall
house ? I have patched many small and a few larger areas and am ready to
paint. I read somewhere where stucco takes 28 days to completely cure ?
The stucco patches have been on a week...is it ok to paint over them now ?

Thanks, Tim R

Bags of mixed or containers from the local diy borg? When I'm happy
with small stucco patches from a container and after a few days I
paint.