Posted to alt.home.repair
jacko jacko is offline

Default 2 or 4 Cycle Small Engines... to drain or not to drain??

I always use stabilizer with a full tank, run it for a few minutes, top up
the tank and put the machine away.
If you are going to run it "dry", that can't happen unless you "drain" all
the gas from the carburetor. Any residual gas that is not treated with some
sort of stabilizer, stands a chance of gumming up something.
Just my opinion.

wrote in message
I am very adamant about draining my snowblower and lawnmower engines
during the offseasons. My friend here at work is against it. He
insists the moisture and condensation build up and can ruin the
insides and the carburetor.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?