Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I plunged, I auged, now I'll reckon I'll rent a snake

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:39:56 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Oren wrote:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:35:13 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

That's why I commented about a metal snake run through the toilet
scratching the bottom of the bowl. There are some grey scatches inside
that toilet now which won't scrub off, even with a Brillo pad.

Jeff,

Have you tried Bon Ami Cleaning Powder /Comet/Ajax to see if it will
remove the marks? Remove the water, then scrub with damp powder.

Matter of fact I did try that, after sucking the water out of the bowl
with my shop vac. Scrubbing with Ajax using one of those kitchen sponges
with a Scotchbrite" pad on one side just didn't do it.

They're not really terrible, but I can still see them.

Jeff

Next time you stick the snake in the next toilet; try wrapping cloth
around it, old T shirt, terry cloth pieces, just something to prevent
marks in the bowl.

(G) only a trained eye can see them!