Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.physics
CWatters[_3_] CWatters[_3_] is offline

Default Most efficient water heater?

"CWatters" wrote in message

"Donna Ohl" wrote in message
. net...
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:32:02 -0700 (PDT), ransley wrote:
So, I think the fact that all none of the heat energy that went into

the
electric coils goes up any flue - it's all absorbed by the water - is

what
makes the electric water heater 98% efficiency.

Correct.

Actually it's 100% efficient. I mean your reasoning is correct.

wrote in message
you can get too would up over efficency ratings, nothing is 100% even
electric loses a little to the room.

Yes I knew I was wrong the moment I posted it. I was thinking of electric
heating and forgot that when heating water some heat would be lost to the
room.