Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default cordless drill opinion

"bonniejean" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an 18V cordless drill. I was looking at
http://tinyurl.com/2g9bkl and was wondering if anyone has it and
could give me their opinion.

Thanks,
bonnie jean

No experience with Milwaukee, but --

Craftsman -- decent tool, but batteries die quickly and are expensive to
replace -- plus they have several different types of 18V batteries which are
not interchangable
Ryobi -- Light weight, but batteries don't hold charge for very long and
need to be swapped frequently
Ridgid -- Heavy tool, but batteries seem to provide power for extremely long
time, plus all parts (including batteries) have a life-time guarantee.

The biggest operating expense for cordless tools seems to be the replacement
batteries, so the Ridgid guarantee is important to me. I bought several of
their 18V tools and batteries (to always have charged ones on hand) and
if/when a battery can't be recharged I send it back to them and they send me
a free replacement. Regards --