Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default How much cordless drill do you need for drywall?

"ransley" wrote

For years till it got stolen all I needed was my 9.6v Makita, you want
a low gear for screws and Harbor F probably has plastic gears as Ryoby
amd B&D . HDs brand Ridgid has a lifetime warranty when you register
it, even the battery.

I still have two of them, although a friend gave me a 18v. DeWalt last
Christmas. The DeWalt is good, but lots of times for the light stuff, it's
overkill. I still mostly use the Makitas.

I keep my drills in low speed except to drill wood. Definitely use low
speed for screws, and those bits that have the serrated edges, if you can
ever find any. If you do find some, buy a lot. They're good. Robertson
head screws work good, too.

Steve