Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
ransley ransley is offline

Default Most efficient water heater?

On Mar 19, 10:50Â*pm, " wrote:
On Mar 19, 4:15�pm, ransley wrote:

On Mar 19, 1:19�pm, " wrote:

my tankless add on was only for use when familiy is visiting, the
remainder of the time my 50 gallon high btu tank is fine.

now 7 people pile in here, and it can become a problem espically when
incoming water temperature is 40 degrees

Its alot of money to put in a tankless and not get the savings year
around, first you need to get the supply tested with all other gas
apliances running to be sure no upgrade is neded. Do 2 people shower
now at the same time, I dont think you will benefit having a tankless
before a tank and it will actualy cost more to run since both units
burners are probably near in efficency, I put my tankless after my
tank with bypass valves incase my old tank leaks, but i havnt used it
since installing the tankless, the cheap Bosch.

its more of a idle thought, the minor standby losses of a regular tank
dont bother me, and our tank is plenty big enough, except when family
visits. Â*with washing clothes, doing laundry and showering its a busy
hot water using place. and our showers have the flow restrictors
removed.....

but a new kitchen dining room gut job is a lot more likely and
probably better of use of money kinda nervous the economy may hurt
our income and gasoline is killing my service business- Hide quoted text -

With shower restrictors removed you have to be real carefull, and
measure shower output since tankless are real specific on Gpm and the
amount of temp rise, [ on the coldest day, when gas pressure is low
and everything gas is on, water is 38f incomming] you still need a hot
shower. For many a cheap unit would not work, but I guess that really
depends on your incomming mains gpm.